Monday 27 February 2012

Ciro's Pizza Pomodoro

Hands down my favourite restaurant in London (so far...). I have been here a few times each time with high expectations and I have never been disappointed and it is only a stones throw from Harrod's. For my Birthday evening, I knew where I wanted to go early on...so booked in November. You never can be too careful and I did not want to miss out (if you want to go to Ciro's on a Monday evening in mid January or another obscure time even for a table of two I would advise booking to avoid disappointment.

Now, rule number one of a good blog? Take lots of representative and enticing photos. Therefore it is not a good idea to drink white wine, red wine and cocktails beforehand and completely forget/end up with everything out of focus. I did manage to get one of the highlights - the garlic mushrooms.


I've also got my Caterina pizza in there - admittedly there is a lot of shadow going on.

The rest of the evening was spent quaffing delicious red wine, dancing around the table and generally having a fantastic time. Every night of the week they have live music. I was absolutely thrilled the soul singer on for the evening was my absolute. She was accompanied by a male vocal and together they literally blow you away. I particularly enjoyed my rendition of Stevie Wonder's Happy Birthday while I had my cake with a huge firework.


Just go here. That is all. Book and go, thank me later.

Atmosphere: 5/5
Food: 5/5
Drink: 4/5
Overall: 4.5/5 - I'm only deducting 0.5 as the wine is good, but standard.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment