Monday 21 May 2012

The Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town



Keep this to yourself, but I must tell you about a speakeasy I went to last night. Sunday nights in the city are pretty dead, as was the newly(ish) opened breakfast club in Spitalfields. However to those in the know there is a buzzy little place akin to the cocktail version of Narnia.

If you go into the Breakfast Club (only at Spitalfields, don't try this at another one...) and say "I'm here to see the mayor" nice and discreetly to one of the members of staff. You will be smuggled through the Smeg fridge downstairs to a fantastic little joint called The Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town.

Now although it sounds like a wind up and you will slyly check out the fridge before asking, just trust me.

I unfortunately don't have any photos of inside...not very cool and a bit against the philosophy. I do recommend a trip to the bathroom though...fantastic 80s wall coverings of magazine nostalgia.


There are no bookings you just need to show up. However if there is a wait you can do so in the Breakfast Club, the food and cocktails in here are just as good. This is clearly between you and I...keep it to yourself yes?
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment