Thursday 1 March 2012

Quaglino's

The night after Ciro's was a much more civilised affair - Quagnino's in Mayfair. Their opinion: "From its inception by Giovanni Quaglino in 1929 to its reinvention by Conran in the 1990s, has always been out to impress." High expectations then...

We arrived early and the bar amazingly had seats. Although the table service was a bit slow for us to realise their was table service we grabbed a seat and a glass of champagne.


The view from our seat at the bar
It was hardly 5 minutes later the hostess took us to our table. Unfortunately it wasn't in the best position, if you are going to dine here make sure and ask for a seat in the middle when you phone up (the area you can see above).

The menu however was very exciting. It was really hard to choose between the options in each course.


As I wanted something a little different (for me) I opted for the Steak Tartare. It was delicious. Only problem was I couldn't get any jalapeno Tabasco out...



Veal is something I am not hugely well versed in. I know venison isn't something I'm a fan of however the waitress insisted it was fantastic. Quite frankly I wanted to try it. Boy am I glad I did.

It was delicious. Tender, flavoursome, seared perfectly on the inside and served perfectly with mash that literally had the smallest little crisp when you touched it into soft mushy butteriness. The tender stem broccoli was al dente and divine. Totally made up for our position out of the action...which you can see below.

Often having time for desert, and still on a mission to find the worlds best crème brûlée I opted for this. Unfortunately it didn't live up to the first two courses. The berry pavlova however looked delicious...


A good evening, tucked away location just off Green Park - seriously no pun intended. Try the veal...

Atmosphere: 3/5 (we were in the corner)
Food: 4.5/5 (0.5 point deducted for the crème brûlée)
Drink: 4/5
Overall: 4/5
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment